Guests will enjoy cocktails and passed hors d'oeuvres before viewing an intimate Q&A session with the founder and CEO of Shutterstock, Jon Oringer. The program will be moderated by Cofounder and Chairman of Thuzio and GLG, Mark Gerson.
Jon founded Shutterstock in 2003 with thousands of his own digital photographs. A serial entrepreneur, he recognized the need for licensable images at an affordable cost and created the first global subscription marketplace. Since then, Shutterstock has grown into a portfolio of brands serving businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world with all the creative and editorial assets needed. Jon holds an MS in Computer Science from Columbia University and a BS in Computer Science and Mathematics from the State University of New York at Stony Brook.
JON'S TOP FIVE:
1. Founded Shutterstock, a stock media and editing tools provider, in 2003.
2. He was named New York's Technology Entrepreneur of the Year by Ernst & Young in 2012.
3. In 2013, Jon was reported to be New York's first tech billionaire.
4. Was recognized as one of Crain's New York 40 under 40.
5. He was selected 41st on the Silicon Alley 100 in 2009.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
6:00PM - Cocktail Reception
6:45PM - Program Begins (Moderated Q&A followed by Guest Q&A)
7:30PM - Program Concludes, Cocktails and Mingling Continues